Articles in Juridica
- The New Regulation of Commercial Transactions in Latvia, Juridica Abstract, 2011, No. 3, pp. 196-205
Born: May 15, 1971, Riga, Latvia
- Dr. iur., Faculty of Law, University of Münster (Germany), 2000
- LL.M., Faculty of Law, University of Münster (Germany), 1994
- Dipl. iur. and LL.B., Faculty of Law, University of Latvia, 1993
- Dean of the Faculty of Law, University of Latvia, 2002
- Associate Professor of Civil Law, University of Latvia, 2001–current
- Lecturer of Civil Law, Faculty of Law, University of Latvia, 1998–2002
- Assistant, Faculty of Law, University of Latvia, 1996–1998
- Part-time teacher, Faculty of Law, University of Latvia, 1995
Main areas of research
- Various aspects of the civil law doctrine of legal transactions
- Commercial transactions in Latvian commercial law
- Merchant’s enterprise in Latvian commercial law
- Security rights in movable assets
- Problems of agency and negotiorum gestio in law of obligations
- Irregularities in the performance of obligations
- Sicherungsübereignung im deutsch-lettischen Rechtsvergleich. Riga, 2001 (Dissertation, in German).
- Problems of Legal Regulation of Pledging Movable Assets. – InLegal Guaranties of the Performance of Obligations. Acta Universitatis Latviensis (Scientific Writings of the University of Latvia), Vol. 621. Riga, 1999, pp. 26–46. (in Latvian).
- Commentaries to the Articles 2289–2317, 2325–2346 and 2369–2392 of the Civil Law. – In Commentaries to the Civil Law of the Republic of Latvia: Law of Obligations. Group of Authors under Scientific Editorship of Prof. K.Torgans. Riga, 1998, pp. 571–598, 604–623, 647–669. (in Latvian).
- Commentaries to the Articles 1130–1277 and 1381–1400 of the Civil Law. – In Commentaries to the Civil Law of the Republic of Latvia: Things, Possession, Restricted Rights in Rem. By Gunta Vinakova and Kaspars Balodis. Riga, 1998, pp. 62–157, 235–248. (in Latvian).
- The Regulation of Impossibility to Fulfil Contractual Obligations in the Law of Latvia and EU Memberstates. – In Problems of Transformation of Law in Connection with European Integration, Riga, 2002, pp. 262–296. (In Latvian and English).
- The Role of the Good Faith Principle in the Contemporary Civil Law of Latvia. – In Law and Justice. Selected articles 2002, pp. 2–10. (in English).
- Proposed Regulation of Commercial Transactions in the Commercial Law of Latvia. – InHumanities and Social Sciences Latvia, 3(40)/2003, pp. 110–140. (in English).
- A Merchant’s Undertaking as an Object of Civil Law. – In Likums un Tiesibas (Law and Justice), 3(67)/2005, pp. 66–71 (in Latvian).
- Conclusion of Legal Transactions in Electronic Form. – In Likums un Tiesibas (Law and Justice), 7(71)/2005, pp. 204–211. (in Latvian).
Articles in Juridica International