Articles in Juridica
- Gea Lepik, Maarja Torga. Intellectual Property in Estonian Private International Law – Determining Jurisdiction and Applicable Law, Juridica Abstract, 2017, No. 10, pp. 698-709
- Maarja Torga, Juhan Sarv. International Effects of Qualifications and Prohibitions to do Business, Juridica Abstract, 2017, No. 8, pp. 552-558
- Serving Documents Abroad in Estonian Civil Proceedings, Juridica Abstract, 2017, No. 3, pp. 186-196
- Collecting Evidence Abroad and Assisting Foreign Courts with the Collection of Evidence, Juridica Abstract, 2017, No. 2, pp. 97-107
- Determining Applicable Law to Divorce after the Entry into Force of the Rome III Regulation in Estonia, Juridica Abstract, 2016, No. 2, pp. 132-141
- Insolvency Regulation (recast) – Step towards Restructuring and International Cooperation, Juridica Abstract, 2015, No. 9, pp. 624-635
- How to Ensure the Execution of a Decision Made in a Child Abduction Matter? Practical Aspect of the Application of the Hague Convention of 1980, Juridica Abstract, 2015, No. 3, pp. 219-225
- Recognizing, Declaring Enforceable and Enforcing Foreign Judgments in Estonia, Juridica Abstract, 2015, No. 1, pp. 55-65
- The Effect of Foreign Civil Proceedings on Estonian Civil Proceedings, Juridica Abstract, 2014, No. 9, pp. 680-689
- Assigning and Applying Personal Names – a Hidden Problem in Estonian Private International Law, Juridica Abstract, 2014, No. 7, pp. 520-527
- Determining the Applicable Law and Its Contents in International Civil and Commercial Matters, Juridica Abstract, 2014, No. 5, pp. 406-416
- Brussels I (Recast) Regulation: Thorough Change in Estonian International Civil Proceeding? Juridica Abstract, 2014, No. 4, pp. 304-312
- The International Dimensions of Provisional Measures Taken by Civil Courts, Juridica Abstract, 2013, No. 10, pp. 742-751
- The Recognition of Foreign Marriages and Registered Partnerships in Estonia, Juridica Abstract, 2013, No. 8, pp. 598-607
- The New European Succession Regulation and Its Place in Estonian Private International Law and Civil Procedure, Juridica Abstract, 2013, No. 7, pp. 517-525
- European Order for Payment Procedure—A Simple Way to Enforce International Civil Claims, Juridica Abstract, 2013, No. 5, pp. 329-338
- Examination as to International Jurisdiction in Estonian Courts, Juridica Abstract, 2013, No. 3, pp. 192-200
- Residence in the General Part of the Civil Code Act: Meaning in International Civil Proceedings, Juridica Abstract, 2010, No. 7, pp. 473-480
- The Influence of Decisions of the Civil Chamber of the Supreme Court on Legislation, Juridica Abstract, 2009, No. 8, pp. 555-569
- Bases for the Invalidity of Arbitration Clauses in International Trade Agreements, Juridica Abstract, 2007, No. 6, pp. 386-394
- Lecturer of Civil Law, University of Tartu
- Adviser to the Civil Chamber of the Supreme Court of Estonia
- Born: May 21, 1984, Kuressaare
- E-mail: email@example.com
- LLM in private international law (with distinction), University of Aberdeen, 2012
- MJur, University of Oxford, 2008
- Magister iuris, Faculty of Law, University of Tartu, 2007 (cum laude)
- BA in Social Sciences, University of Tartu (cum laude)
- Lecturer of Civil Law, University of Tartu, 2010-current
- Adviser to the Civil Chamber of the Supreme Court of Estonia, 2008–current
- Assistant of Civil Law, University of Tartu, 2008-2010
Main areas of research
- Private International Law, International Civil Procedure, International Family Law
- K. Sein, M. Torga. Private International Law Estonia. Kluwer Law International, 2013.
- M. Fornasier, M. Torga. The Posting of Workers: the Perspective of the Sending State. Europäische Zeitschrift für Arbeitsrecht, 2013(3), 356–365.
- M. Torga. The relationship between the Baltic private international law treaties and the European rules on jurisdiction and the recognition and enforcement of foreign judgments. Journal of the University of Latvia "Law", 2013, 248–259.
- M. Torga. Õigusabilepingute kohaldamine tsiviilvaidluste lahendamisel Eesti kohtutes. Kohtute aastaraamat 2012 (76 - 81). Riigikohus, 2013
- M. Torga. Euroopa Liidu tasandil tsiviilkohtumenetlust reguleerivate määruste rakenduspraktika: Balti riikide kogemus. III Eesti kogemus, 2013.
- Inga Kačevska, Baiba Rudevska, Vytautas Mizaras, Aurimas Brazdeikis, Maarja Torga. Practical Application of European Union Regulations Relating to European Union Level Procedure in Civil Cases: the Experience in Baltic States, 2013.
- M. Torga. Part IX. Seizure for Security and Enforcement of Judgments. Chapter 2. Enforcement of Judgments. § 2. Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Judgments. - International Encyclopaedia of Laws Civil Procedure Estonia. 2013, 131-132. Kluwer Law International
- M. Torga. Part II. Jurisdiction. Chapter 2. International Jurisdiction. - International Encyclopaedia of Laws Civil Procedure Estonia (47-50). Kluwer Law International, 2013.
- M. Torga. Characterization of 'spousal maintenance obligations' in European private international law. Recovery of Maintenance in the EU and Worldwide; Heidelberg; March 5th to 8th, 2013, 1–14.
- M. Torga). Party autonomy in private international law as a tool for converging national laws. In: The Interaction of National Legal Systems: Convergence or Divergence?: THE INTERACTION OF NATIONAL LEGAL SYSTEMS: CONVERGENCE OR DIVERGENCE?; Vilnius, Lithuania; 25-26 of April 2013. Vilnius University, 2013, 351–358.
- M. Torga. Scope of application of the private international law treaties concluded between the Republic of Estonia and its Eastern European neighbours. Kiel Journal of East European Law, 2012, 1-2, 4–12.
- M.Torga. Party autonomy of the spouses under the Rome III Regulation in Estonia - can private international law change substantive law? Nederlands Internationaal Privaatrecht 2012, 4, 547-554.
- I. Kull, M. Torga. Case 134/11 Jürgen Blödel-Pawlik v HanseMerkur Reiseversicherung AG. European Review of Contract Law, 2012, 4, 481–486.
- E. Andresen, T. Bachmann, H. Siimets-Gross, M. A. Simovart, J. Sootak, M. Torga. Üliõpilastöö kirjutamine ja vormistamine. Tallinn: Juura, Õigusteabe AS, 2011.
- P. Varul, I. Kull, V. Kõve, M. Käerdi. General Part of the Civil Code Act. Commented Edition. [§ 14 Elukoht ja selle muutumine] (60-70). Tallinn: Juura, 2010, 558 p. (in Estonian).
- I. Kull, M. Torga. Transplants in Estonian Contract Law in the Context of European Commercial Law. Kull, Irene (Ed.). Development of Estonian Contract and Company Law in the Context of Harmonized EU Law (43-73). Tartu: Tartu University Press, 2010.
Articles in Juridica International