Articles in Juridica
- Objective and Tasks of the Copyright Act, Juridica Abstract, 2012, No. 7, pp. 491-498
- Dear Reader, Juridica Abstract, 2012, No. 7, pp. 477-477
- Policy Issues Regarding the Intellectual Property of Entrepreneurial Universities, Juridica Abstract, 2006, No. 10, pp. 673–682
- History of Estonian Copyright Law until 2002, Juridica Abstract, 2002, No. 10, pp. 647–655
- Dear Reader, Juridica Abstract, 2002, No. 10, p. 645
- European Integration and Legal Protection of Intellectual Property by Professor (Ph.D.) Ants Kukrus, Juridica Abstract, 2000, No. 2, pp. 131–133
- Some Questions of Citation, Juridica Abstract, 1995, No. 2, pp. 38–39
- Consumer Protection: its Theoretical and Legal Basis, Juridica Abstract, 1994, No. 9, p. 216
- Part V Private International Law Provisions, Juridica Abstract, 1994, No. 8, pp. 201-204
- Are the Author`s Eights Inalienable?, Juridica Abstract, 1994, No. 4, pp. 89–90
- Participation of the Republics of the Former USSR in the International Agreements for the Protection of Intellectual Property (as for September 20, 1993), Juridica Abstract, 1993, No. 6, pp. 122–123
- Estonia in WIPO, Juridica Abstract, 1993, No. 4, p. 93
- How Much Does World-level Legal Consultation Cost? Juridica Abstract, 1993, No. 3, p. 57
- What is Intellectual Property? Juridica Abstract, 1993, No. 1, pp. 10–11
- Professor of Intellectual Property Law, University of Tartu
- Born: July 14, 1955, Tartu
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Ph.D., University of Leningrad, 1984
- Master Student, University of Tartu, 1978–1981
- Faculty of Law, University of Tartu, 1978 (cum laude)
- Professor of Intellectual Property Law, University of Tartu, 2006-current
- Professor of Intellectual Property Law, Institute of Law, University of Tartu, 2003–2006
- Adviser to Minister of Justice of Republic of Estonia, 1997–2003
- Head of the Department of International Law, Ministry of Justice, 1995–1997
- Visiting Professor of the University of Tartu, 1997–2002
- Professor, Head of the Chair of Intellectual Property and Private International Law, Institute of Law, Tallinn, 1997–2002, Pro-rector, 2000–2002
- Professor Extraordinary of the University of Tartu, 1995–1997
- Professor of Private International Law, University of Tartu, 1992–1995
- Head of the Laboratory of Legal Aspects of International Relations, University of Tartu, 1989–1991
- Docent, Faculty of Law, University of Tartu, 1988–1992
- Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Law, University of Tartu, 1986–1988
- Lecturer, Faculty of Law, University of Tartu, 1982–1986
- Special Adviser to the Minister of Culture and Education 1991–1994
Main areas of research
- Intellectual Property (Copyright and Related Rights), Private International Law, Civil Law, Consumer Protection, EC Law
Grants and projects
- Estonian Science Foundation (ETF) Grant for Project: Reform of Intellectual Property in Estonia: the Current Status and Perspectives in the Light of European and Internal Developments (Copyright and Related Rights). Head of the Working Group, 2000–current
- Estonian Science Foundation (ETF) Grant No. 4453 for Project: Estonian Private Law Reform: Further Development and Connection With the European Civil Code. With team members A. Hussar, J. Lahe, U. Liin, P. Varul, 2000–2003
- Grant of the Estonian Law Centre Foundation (ELC), 1997
- Estonian Science Foundation (ETF) Grant No. 1214 for Project: Estonian New Civil and Commercial Law. With team members, I. Kull, U. Liin, H. Sepp, A. Siibak, H. Veinla, P. Varul, A. Vutt, 1994–1997
- Estonian Science Foundation (ETF) Target Financing on the Topic: Main Problems in the Drafting and Developing of the Estonian Private Law. With 12 Team Members, 1996–2000
- Estonian Science Foundation (ETF) Grant for Project: Reform of the Protection of Intellectual Property in Estonia: the Influence of International Developments on Estonian Legislation. Head of the Working Group, 1995
- Estonian Science Foundation (ETF) Grant for Project: International Protection of Intellectual Property: Theoretical and Practical Foundations, 1994
Professional activity and membership
- Member of the Copyright Committee of the Ministry of Culture, 1997–2004
- Member of the Working Group drafting the Professions Act, 1999–2000
- Member of the Estonian Branch of the International Law Association, Vice President 1996–1997, Member of the Board, 1998–2000
- Member of the Editorial Advisory Board of ELSA Selected Papers on European Law, 1998–2000
- Head, Copyright Working Group of the Ministry of Culture, 1991–1994; 1997–1999
- Expert of the Estonian Delegation for negotiations with the European Union, 1998–1999
- Member of the Expert Committee of Social Sciences of the Estonian Sciences Foundation (ETF), leading expert in law, 1994–2000
- Member of the Expert Committee of the new Estonian Civil Code, 1992–1994, 1998–1999
- Member of the Expert Commitee of the Constitution of Estonia, 1996–1998
- Member of the Council of Higher Civil Servants (on European integration), 1996–1998
- Member of the Estonian Academic Law Society (EAÕS), Member of the Board, 1993–1997
- Member of the Government Working Group dealing with European Union issues, 1993–1995
- Correspondent of the Financial Times Newsletter East European Business Law, 1992–1996
- Member of the International Association for the Advancement of Teaching and Research in Intellectual Property (ATRIP), Member of the Executive Committee, 1993–1995
- Founding member of the Estonian Authors’ Association (EAÜ), Member of the Board, 1991–1994
- Member of the Estonian Bar Association
Participation in scientific conferences and seminars
- The USA, the UK, Belgium, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, France, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Poland, Russia, Latvia, Lithuania, Hungary, Greece, Austria
- Max-Planck-Institute, Munich, Germany, 2000
- Cambridge University, United Kingdom, 1998
- University of Uppsala, Sweden, 1992, 1998
- European Commission, Brussels, Belgium, 1997
- Europa Institute, University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom, 1997
- Copenhagen, Denmark, 1996
- Salzburg Seminar, Austria, 1995
- Université Catholique de Louvain , Belgium, 1994
- University of London, United Kingdom, 1992–1993
- TEOSTO, Finnish Copyright Institute, Finland, 1991
- Harvard University, USA, 1986–1987
Hobbies and community work
- II Prize on a competition organised by the Estonian Academy of Science, Tartu
- University of Tartu and the Open Estonia Foundation (OEF) with a series of articles in English: Legal Reform in Estonia: Selected Publications 1992–1995
- Civil Law
- Roman Private Law
- Private International Law
- Institute of Law: Roman Private Law, Private International Law, Copyright
- Guest Lecturer: The Finnish Institute for International Trade 1997, 1998,1999, Aarhus University, Denmark, 1996, University of Lapland, Finland 1992
- H. Pisuke. Influence of Social Reforms and Information Society on Consumers in Transition Economy. – Consumer Law in the Information Society. Ed. By Th. Wilhelmsson, S. Tuominen and H. Tuomola. Kluwer Law International. The Hague, London, Boston, 2000, pp. 31–44.
- E. Ilus. Fundamentals of the Roman Private Law. Edited by Professor H. Pisuke. Tallinn: Õigusinstituut, ILO, 2000 (in Estonian).
- H. Pisuke. The Process of Bringing Estonia’s Legal System into Conformity with the European Union’s acquis communautaire . In: The Baltic States at Historical Crossroads. Political, economic, and legal problems in the context of international cooperation on the doorstep of the 21st century. A collection of scholarly articles. Edited by Dr. Talavs Jundzis. Riga, 1998, pp. 199–213.
- H. Pisuke. Market Regulation in Estonia. In: Law, Economics and Business in the Melting Pot. The case of Regional Development in the Baltic States. Edited by B. Dahl & R. Shiratori. Copenhagen Business School, Tokai University European Center, 1997, pp. 142–150.
- H. Pisuke. Consumer Protection in Estonia. In: Consumer Protection in Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania and Romania. National Reports and Comparative Analysis. CICPP Series 4. Centre de droit de la consommation. Louvain-la-Neuve , 1995, pp. 69–103.
- H. Pisuke. The ABC of Copyright Law: Main Concepts of Copyright. – Author and His Rights. Tallinn: Olion, 1994, pp. 96–116 (in Estonian).
- H. Pisuke. Estonia is Again a Member of the Berne Convention. – Eesti Jurist, 1994, No. 11, pp. 47–52 (in Estonian).
- H. Pisuke. Estonia Again on the World Copyright Map. – Copyright World, London, March 1993, Issue 28, pp. 24–32.
- H. Pisuke. The Berne Convention and Estonia: From Past to Future. – Eesti Jurist, 1993, No. 11, pp. 16–26 (in Estonian).
- H. Pisuke. A Simple Guide to IP Developments in Estonia. – Managing Intellectual Property, London, June 1993, pp. 11–12.
- H. Pisuke. Estonian Intellectual Property Legislation: The Present Situation and Perspective of development. – Intellectual Property and Informatics, Prague, 1992, Vol. 1, No 4, pp. 83–86.
- H. Pisuke. Protection of Intellectual Property in Estonia. The Present Situation and Perspectives. Tartu: Intellectual Property Center Baltconsult Ltd. 1992. 71 p.
- H. Pisuke. Copyright in the Changing Society: The Estonian Experience. – International Copyright Institute Symposium. Washington D.C., 1991, pp. 23–28, 87–133.
- Estonian (Native)
- English (Fluent)
- Russian (Fluent)
Articles in Juridica International
Aleksei Kelli, Arvi Tavast, Heiki Pisuke.
Copyright and Constitutional Aspects of Digital Language Resources: The Estonian Approach, Juridica International, 2012, No. 1, pp. 40-48
Heiki Pisuke, Aleksei Kelli.
Some Issues Regarding Entrepreneurial Universities and Intellectual Property, Juridica International, 2007, No. 1, pp. 161-172
Cultural Dimension in Estonian Copyright Law, Juridica International, 2004, No. 1, pp. 45-51
Moral Rights of Author in Estonian Copyright Law, Juridica International, 2002, No. 1, pp. 166-166
Developments in Estonian Intellectual Property Law: Some Issues Concerning Copyright and Related Rights, Juridica International, 1999, No. 1, pp. 166-171
Estonia and the European Union: European Integration in Estonia, Juridica International, 1996, No. 1, pp. 2-4