Articles in Juridica
- National Implementation of International Humanitarian Law. Topical Issues, Juridica Abstract, 2017, No. 7, pp. 479-489
- Born: February 24, 1984, Tallinn
- Doctoral Student, University of Tartu (Thesis on national implementation of international humanitarian law, supervisor professor Raul Narits), 2008
- LLM, Faculty of Law, University of Helsinki, Faculty of Law (Thesis: Sexual Violence in Armed Conflicts), 2007-2008
- Magister iuris, Faculty of law, University of Tartu (Thesis: National Implementation of International Humanitarian Law), 2006-2008
- BA, Faculty of Law, University of Tartu (Thesis: National Implementation of International Humanitarian Law with an Emphasis on Teaching and Disseminating), 2003-2006
- Exchange Student in Venezuela, 2000-2001
- Researcher, Internal Security Institute, Estonian Academy of Security Sciences, December 2008
- Lecturer of Philosophy of Law and Introduction to Law; Guest Lecturer of International Humanitarian Law, Erasmus Teacher Exchange Programme at Huelva, Spain; Editor , Proceedings of the Estonian Academy of Security Sciences, 2010
- Specialist, University of Tartu, 2006-2007
- Editor, Acta Societatis Martensis (Journal of International Law and International Relations), 2005-current
- Tutor for first year students, University of Tartu, 2004-2006
Main areas of research
- Report on the National Implementation of Humanitarian Law. In: Historical and Contemporary Perspectives on the Law of Armed Conflict, (international conference), Estonian National Defence College, 2009
- Exploring Humanitarian Law, Teaching young people the basic principles of International Humanitarian Law, Editor of the Estonian version of the resource pack for teachers, 2010
Professional activity and membership
- Member, Martens Society, 2005-current; Member of the Board, 2007-current
- Member, ELSA Estonia (European Law Students Association), 2004; Vice President on Seminars and Conferences, 2006
- Friedrich Born Moot Court on International Humanitarian Law, Slovenia, November 2006
- Free Legal Advisor, Harju County Court, 2005-2006
- Philip C. Jessup Moot Court on International Humanitarian Law, Baltic Friendly Round, February 2005
- Philip C. Jessup Moot Court on International Humanitarian Law, University Round, winner, December 2004
- Member, YFU Estonia (International Student Exchange Organisation), 2002; Volunteer of the Year, 2003
- Helsinki Summer Seminar: Linking State Responsibility with International Criminal Law, August 2009
- Helsinki Summer Seminar: Tensions in the Law of Treaties, August 2007
- 25th Warsaw Summer Seminar on Humanitarian Law (2 weeks), July 2007
- Baltic Summer Academy on International Humanitarian Law, Lithuania, August 2006
- Helsinki Summer Seminar: the 4th Annual Seminar on International Criminal Law, February 2005
Hobbies and community work
- Long Distance Running, Singing, Crafts
- A. Kasemets, A. Talmar and E. Liivik. Parema õigusloome rakendamine Eesti sisejulgeolekupoliitikas (Implementation of Better Regulation Principles in the Internal Security Policy) . Riigikogu Toimetised (Journal of Estonian Parliament) 2011, 23, pp. 83-96.
- International Military Tribunals: Creation, Jurisdiction and Effectiveness in Light of Criminalizing Sexual Violence. Police Theory and Practice (a Slovakian journal), 2010, pp. 161–174.
- National Implementation of International Humanitarian Law, 4 Acta Societatis Martensis, 2010, pp. 185–227. (in Estonian).
- Self-defence against Terrorist Attacks: the US Action in Afghanistan, Police Theory and Practice (a Slovakian journal), 2010, pp. 125–134.
- F. Angelstok, T. Kyntäjä, S. Kaugia, E. Raska, L. Auväärt, R. Mahmudo, I. Pettai, U. Traat, R. Vöörmann, H. Koitel, R. Kroonberg, R. Öpik, A. Lall. Serving the Society – a Collected Monograph. Annika Talmar (ed.). Tallinn: Estonian Academy of Security Sciences, 2010 (in Estonian).
- Civil Defence in International Humanitarian Law and Its National Implementation, Proceedings of the Estonian Academy of Security Sciences 8, 2009, pp. 114–133. (in Estonian).
- I. Karton, M. Kratovitš, P. Plaks, A. Talmar. The Rules for Completion and Reference of Student Works. Tallinn: Estonian Academy of Security Sciences, 2009. (in Estonian)
- Estonian (Native)
- English (Fluent)
- Spanish (Proficient)
- Finnish (Conversant)
- Russian (Conversant)
Articles in Juridica International